Friday, May 05, 2006

The way a drummer is supposed to sound

"...I can never be happy with the drummer, because I have Mark in my head, after all these years!"

Suzanne, I know exactly what you mean. I was a college friend of Mark's, and played in bands with him for many years. To me, no other drummers have sounded quite right playing live since I've played with Mark. His musical sensibilites were perfect - he always knew exactly what to do, and had acres (as Mark might say) of personality in his playing. And when you'd call out hits and stop times and other curve-balls, Mark was backing you up and right on target every time.

He was the way a drummer is supposed to sound.

I liked your post - interesting to hear more about Mark before 1989. Thanks for sharing your stories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home