Sunday, April 30, 2006

A Poem from Claudia (Mark's Mom)

Thank you, Aaron, for providing the forum for storytelling. Humanity prevails because of the connections created through such sharing.

The following is from my collection of poems titled "A Healing Place: Poems of the Goulais."

Hidden Treasure

Time is a river.
Life is…
When it seems as if change
is the only constant,
step into the middle,
look deep
beneath the surface reflection
of what is merely present.
Stand silent,
grounded,
in the rich bottom silt
where the stories are,
layer upon layer,
decade by decade.
Stories to curl toes around.
Stories to nourish
to sustain
to connect
to pass on.
For time is a river.
Life is…
exquisitely storied.

Claudia

3 Comments:

Blogger dave bushey said...

That's a beautiful peom, Claudia. Thanks for sharing it with us.

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't drop a lot of remarks, but i did a few searching and wound up here "A Poem from Claudia (Mark's Mom)". And I actually do have 2 questions for you if it's allright. Could it be simply me or does it seem like some of these responses look as if they are written by brain dead folks? :-P And, if you are posting on other places, I would like to follow everything new you have to post. Could you list of all of all your shared pages like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?

My webpage - "Wellington boots"

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm amazed at how easy you make this topic look via your articles, although I must say I still don't quite have
an understanԁing of it. It seеms too сomplex and extremеly broad
for myself. Still, Ι'm excited to see what you have to say in following posts: with luck , I'll be able to grasр іt
soonеr or lаter.

my blog :: 12460

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home