Saturday, May 20, 2006

More from Thailand

Here are some more pictures from Thailand. For those who don't know, we were playing with Honk, Wail & Moan in a three week jazz festival in honor of the king of Thailand who apparently loves jazz. Rudely, however, he never showed up. I know there must be a lot more pictures out there from this trip so I look forward to seeing some from some other guys. Thanks to Tim for sharing so far!

The first photos are from when Mark, Dick, John, and I rented some mopeds on the island of Koh Samui. You can see them standing in the some shallow water where we stopped to "cool off". That turned out to be a joke since the water was like very warm bath water. I have never been as hot as I was (temperature hot) on that island. Even when we were riding around on the mopeds creating a good, steady breeze it felt like my forearms were on fire from the sun beating down on them. Another time I was walking down the main road and found my self walking faster in between the tiny amounts of shade from various little storefronts like you might otherwise do to get relief from a downpour.



Another very hot experience was in Phuket (the second stop on our tour) where Mark and I were determined to take advantage of our time and experience all that we could in spite of the brutal heat (this was the off season when most tourists would stay away). We took a hike up some little mountain that we'd read about in a pamphlet or something. Man, by the time we got to the top, I was feeling signs of heat exhaustion and the water we carried with us tasted like somebody warmed it up on the stove. What saved us was the cold waterfall at the top that we let pour over us to cool off. Before that, I'm convinced that at least my body temperature was at a dangerous level.



I'm the photographer in my family so there aren't many pictures of me cause I'm always behind the camera. Still, I like to think that I'm actually in every shot sharing my perspective with the viewer. So, here's a picture of me that I like because Mark took it and I can imagine that moment through his eyes. I was holding one of the sea slug things that we'd seen in the water all over the place and he dared me to pick it up.

Finaly, here are some various other pics - one from a boatride we took as a band. Maybe someone else can tell that story.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home